AIDA 1 STAR FREEDIVER Course
Learn basic freediving principles and practice breathhold techniques in a pool or confined water site. The AIDA 1 star FREEDIVER course is the first step in learning the fundamentals of freediving. You will acquire the basic skills of freediving and you will practice techniques to safely and comfortably hold your breath. This course primarily focusses on dynamic and static apnea in confined water.
AIDA International is the worldwide federation for breath hold diving, a non profit organisation that was founded in 1992 to further the development of freediving. The AIDA International high standard and quality education programme that incorporates the knowledge and experience of world class freedivers and scientists is recognised world wide.
AIDA 1 STAR Freediver course content
The main focus in our AIDA 1* course is safety, quality and fun. We will teach you how to achieve the freedive course goals in a comfortable and relaxed manner. You will be amazed how fast you will progress and what you can achieve with your body and mind. Freediving is all about relaxation and trust: we take the time for you to learn and experience freediving in your own pace.
The AIDA 1* course content:
- Knowledge development (you study the theory at home in your own pace) and we will provide practical theory lessons.
- Pool session STATIC & DYNAMIC apnea
AIDA1 is an introduction in the basics of freediving. For full certification choose AIDA 2 Pool or AIDA 2 full course.
Goals (not mandatory): a static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic freedive with a horizontal distance of 25 meter.
Price: 190 Euro (incl AIDA fee)
Additional information about AIDA 1* Freediver course:
The AIDA 1* Freediver course includes:
- Exams and AIDA1 manual
- Freedive equipment to test
- Personal coaching and guidance
- Pool entrance fee (pool sessions)
- Use of freedive materials (if we have your size in stock)
- Wetsuit, diving mask, snorkel, fins, weights, weight belt
- DAN Freedive insurance during the course
De AIDA 1* Freediver course does not include:
- Depth sessions (see AIDA2)
Prerequisites: Be 18 years of age or older (16 years with parent or guardian consent). Be able to swim at least 100m non-stop. No prior experience with snorkeling or freediving is required.
* In the AIDA 1* course you learn to dive with a mask, snorkel and fins. A wetsuit and a weight belt may also be used. The use of equipment specially designed for freediving is preferred. During this course you can also use the snorkeling equipment that you may already own. For a small fee you can also rent or purchase good freedive materials from us. You can use our freedive gear during the course, if we have your size in stock.
The AIDA 1* course exists out of theory and two confined water sessions (pool). The theory will be provided in advance so that you can study at home in your own pace. During the confined water sessions we will work on your static apnea and dynamic freediving skills and techniques. We will also teach you basic equalisation and rescue skills.
Please contact us if you have any further questions or to discuss the options.
The video below provides a short impression of what you can expect with us in the AIDA 2 star course: