AIDA 3 STAR Advanced FREEDIVER Course
The Advanced AIDA 3 star course is designed to further develop skills from previous levels, to acquire new skills and gain a higher knowledge of safety procedures and freediving techniques. The main focus in our AIDA 3* course is safety, quality and fun. We will teach you how to achieve the freedive course goals in a comfortable and relaxed manner.
AIDA International is the worldwide federation for breath hold diving that was founded in 1992 to further the development of freediving. The AIDA freediving programme incorporates the knowledge and experience of world class freedivers and scientists.
AIDA 3 STAR Freediver course content
The new techniques that are introduced are free-fall, Frenzel equalizing, the use of training tables, the risks of increasing and decreasing pressure and also how to minimise these risks. You will train these skills in the most common disciplines of freediving: Static and Dynamic Apnea, Free Immersion and Constant Weight.
The theory will include: physiology, advanced equalization, barotrauma, lungs at depth, buoyancy, shallow water blackout, training concepts, free falling, the mammalian dive response, decompression sickness , surface intervals and the freediver’s code of conduct.
The AIDA 3* course content:
- Knowledge development (you study the theory at home in your own pace) and we will provide practical theory lessons.
- Pool session STATIC apnea
- Pool session DYNAMIC freediving & CO2 tables
- Equalisation techniques & rescue skills
- Breathing & advanced freediving techniques
Requirements: 2:45 minutes STA; 55 meters DYN, 24 meters CWT, theoretical exam
Price: 449 Euro (incl AIDA fee)
Additional information about AIDA 3* Freediver course:
The AIDA 3* Freediver course includes:
- AIDA manual & certification fee
- Freedive equipment to test
- Personal coaching and guidance
- Pool entrance fee (pool sessions)
- Use of freedive materials (if we have your size in stock)
- Wetsuit, diving mask, snorkel, fins, weights, weight belt
- DAN Freedive insurance during the course
The AIDA 3* Freediver course does not include:
- Dive tower surcharge & entrance fee
- Wetsuit rental dive tower / open water
Prerequisites: Be 18 years of age or older (16 or 17 years old with parent or guardian consent). Can swim at least 200m non-stop without fins or at least 300m non-stop with mask, fins and snorkel. Have completed the AIDA2 course or have completed the AIDA2 crossover evaluation if crossing over from another freediving agency.
* In the AIDA 3 course the use of equipment specially designed for freediving is highly preferred. For a small fee you can also rent or purchase good freedive materials from us. You can use our freedive gear during the course, if we have your size in stock.
The AIDA 3* course exists out of theory and two confined water sessions (pool) and four open water sessions (or dive tower). The theory manual will be provided in advance so that you can study at home in your own pace. During the confined water sessions we will work on your static apnea and dynamic freediving skills and techniques. We will also teach you basic equalisation and rescue skills.
Please contact us to sign up or if you have any further questions or to discuss the options.
The video below provides a short impression of what you can expect with us in the AIDA 3 star advanced course: