PADI BASIC FREEDIVER Course
Learn basic freediving principles and practice breathhold techniques in a pool or confined water site. The PADI BASIC FREEDIVER course is the first step in learning the fundamentals of freediving. You will acquire the basic skills of freediving and you will practice techniques to safely and comfortably hold your breath. This course primarily focusses on dynamic and static apnea in confined water.
PADI Basic Freediver course content
PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) is the largest diving organisation in the world. The main focus in our PADI Basic Freediver course is safety, quality and fun. We will teach you how to achieve the freedive course goals in a comfortable and relaxed manner. You will be amazed how fast you will progress and what you can achieve with your body and mind. Freediving is all about relaxation and trust: we take the time for you to learn and experience freediving in your own pace.
The PADI Basic Freediver course content:
- Knowledge development (you study the theory at home in your own pace) and we will provide practical theory lessons.
- Pool session STATIC apnea
- pool session DYNAMIC freediving
- equalisation techniques & rescue skills
The PADI BASIC FREEDIVER course is part of the full PADI FREEDIVER course. The full freediver course is the basic course plus open water sessions to practice depth freediving skills.
Goals: a static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic freedive with a horizontal distance of 25 meter.
Price: 149 Euro (excl Touch)
Additional information about PADI BASIC Freediver course:
The PADI BASIC Freediver course includes:
- PADI certification fee (after fullfillling the requirements)
- Freedive equipment to test
- Personal coaching and guidance
- Pool entrance fee (pool sessions)
- Use of freedive materials (if we have your size in stock)
- Wetsuit, diving mask, snorkel, fins, weights, weight belt *
- DAN Freedive insurance during the course **
De PADI BASIC Freediver course does not include:
- PADI Freediver Touch (digital elearning guide).
* In the PADI Basic Freediver course you learn to dive with a mask, snorkel and fins. A wetsuit and a weight belt may also be used. The use of equipment specially designed for freediving is preferred. During this course you can also use the snorkeling equipment that you may already own. For a small fee you can also rent or purchase good freedive materials from us. You can use our freedive gear during the course, if we have your size in stock.
** If you want to apply for a complimentary DAN freedive insurance for course participants, contact us so that we can arrange your insurance in advance.
The Basic Freediver course exists out of theory and two confined water sessions (pool). The theory will be provided in advance so that you can study at home in your own pace. During the confined water sessions we will work on your static apnea and dynamic freediving skills and techniques. We will also teach you basic equalisation and rescue skills.
To enroll in a PADI BASIC Freediver course you must be at least 12 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
Please contact us if you have any further questions or to discuss the options.
When you have succesfully completed the PADI Basic freediver course, you are entitled to enroll directly into the open water (depth) sessions of the full PADI Freediver course. The video below provides a short impression of what you can expect with us in the depth part of the course: