PADI FREEDIVER course
The first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore the underwater world. No previous freediving experience is required. You will acquire the basic skills of freediving and you will practice techniques to safely and comfortably hold your breath. The PADI freediver course certificate is recognised all over the world.
PADI Freediver course content
PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) is the largest diving organisation in the world. The main focus in our PADI Basic Freediver course is safety, quality and fun. We will teach you how to achieve the freedive course goals in a comfortable and pleasant manner. You will be amazed how fast you will progress and what you can achieve with your body and mind. Freediving is all about relaxation and trust: we take the time for you to learn and experience freediving in your own pace.
Thee PADI Freediver course consists of:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles
Through independent study with the PADI Freediver Touch™. Your instructor will also provide additional knowledge development sessions with techniques and theory that you can apply directly in the water.
- Confined water sessions (pool)
Confined water sessions to learn breathhold techniques for static apnea and dynamic freediving. The goal: 90 second Static apnea and a 25 meter dynamic freedive.
- Open water sessions (depth freediving)
Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal: freedive between 10 and 16 meters deep.
Price: 389 Euro (excl PADI Touch)
Additional information about the PADI Freediver course:
The PADI Freediver course consists out of theory, two swimming pool sessions and two deep water sessions (open water). You can study the theory at home in your own pace. During the swimming pool sessions, we will work on static and dynamic freediving, and you will be taught finning technique and rescue skills. In the open water sessions, you will learn how to dive deep in two sessions. This also includes rescue, equalisation and freediving techniques. You will also become acquainted with the freediving disciplines free immersion and constant weight. After the course you will be able to dive comfortably to a depth of 10 to 16 meters.
In the Netherlands we can dive in the lakes during the summer months. If it is too cold or if you prefer not to dive outdoors, we can use a deep indoor swimming pool (diving tower) such as Dive4life or Diveworld. The entrance fee for the dive tower is not included in the standard course price (additional charges may apply). We try to schedule the depth sessions in one day.
The PADI Freediver includes:
- PADI certification fee (after fullfillling the requirements)
- Freedive equipment to test
- Personal coaching and guidance, max 4 students per instructor
- Pool entrance fee (confined water pool sessions)
- DAN Freedive insurance during the course
- Pool wetsuit, mask, snorkel, fins, weights, weight belt *
The PADI Freediver course excludes:
- PADI Freediver Touch (digital elearning guide)
- Entrance fee dive tower (additional charges may apply)
- Rental fee wetsuit in dive tower / open water *
* In the PADI Freediver course you learn to dive with a mask, snorkel and fins. A wetsuit and a weight belt may also be used. The use of equipment specifically designed for freediving is preferred. During this course you can also use the snorkeling equipment that you may already own. Freedive rental gear is included in the course. You can also purchase freedive materials from us.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required. You can join the PADI Basic Freediver-course when you’re at least 12 years old.
If you already have the PADI Freediver BASIC certificate or a comparable certification from a recognized freedive organization (such as SSI or AIDA), you may be eligible to start with the open water sessions (depth) at a reduced price in order to obtain the PADI freediver certificate (crossover evaluation may apply).
Please contact us if you have any further questions or to discuss the options.
When you have succesfully completed the PADI Basic freediver course, you may be eligible to enroll directly into the open water (depth) sessions of the PADI Freediver course. The videos below provides a short impression of what you can expect with us in the depth sessions of the course: